SOMETHING I...

CookedMadeFilmedLoveFoundLearnedWrote

PIE OF THE WEEK

Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Conversation

It is All-Hallow's Eve and we find ourselves in Matt's studio/the TV room. Danica, only seconds ago, has previously been transcribing downstairs in the living room. She comes upstairs, just as dusk sets in, to have a very strange conversation with her husband...

Danica enters and sits unexpectingly in Matt's armchair.

Matt: (painting) You wanna watch The Office?

Danica: Not yet, I'm going to finish some work.

43 seconds pass.

Matt: (painting) Umm, so was that a yes? You want to watch The Office?

Danica: No... I said I need to finish some work.

Matt: Oh.

22 seconds pass.

Matt: (still painting) Well, what are you doing up here, then?

Danica: I came up here because it's getting dark out and we don't have any candy.

Matt: (painting) Oh.

1 second passes.

Matt: (turning) What did you just say?

Danica: I said I came up here because it's getting dark out and we don't have any candy.

Matt: You came up here because "it's dark and we don't have any candy"?

Matt is looking at Danica, half confused and also slightly amused at what he thinks is a euphamism.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...