SOMETHING I...

CookedMadeFilmedLoveFoundLearnedWrote

PIE OF THE WEEK

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Pie of the Week: My Favorite Color Pie



I hesitate to tell you the ingredients in this pie.... only because of they walk the "vegetable" line and that might turn some people off. At the same time, I think I'm pretty brilliant for coming up with what to do with my same-colored farmer's market leftovers!

Can you guess what my favorite color is?



Honestly – it's green... but orange is a very close second!

Despite the pound of carrots in this pie, it doesn't exactly reminisce of carrot cake. And while it may resemble a pumpkin pie in color and even construction, the sweetness is more subtle than your typical squash dessert. Overall, when served chilled or at room temperature, it's very refreshing!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...