SOMETHING I...

CookedMadeFilmedLoveFoundLearnedWrote

PIE OF THE WEEK

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I cooked Pistachio Cardamom Sea Salt Brownies.





Last year, when Matt, Malachi, Keiko and I made a trip to Portland for Stumptown, I was 7 months pregnant and in need ofsomething with protein, something with chocolate, and something that would be commemorative of that particular need in that particular place on the particular trip.

And that is how I managed to sniff out some arbitrary (however highly pretentious and forgettable) coffee shop that sold the illustrious pistachio cardamom sea salt brownies.
It seems only right that on the anniversary of this discovery last year, I endeavor to recreate the awesomeness that is the pistachio cardamom sea salt brownie.



Now, having made and enjoyed the entirety of a single batch in one night, I do have some added notes:

1) I'd cut the salt in half or at most 3/4 of what is called for IF you intend to sprinkle salt on top.
2) Sprinkle SOME pistachios on top before baking and some AFTER if you want the pretty green color in your final product




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...